Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Review: Cascade by Lisa T. Bergren

CASCADE
by Lisa T. Bergren
Series: River of Time, #2
David C. Cook (June 2011)
Source: Purchased my copy
Amazon | Goodreads

Mom touched my underdress—a gown made six hundred years before—and her eyes widened as she rubbed the raw silk between thumb and forefinger. She turned and touched Lia’s gown. “Where did you get these clothes?”

Gabi knows she’s left her heart in the fourteenth century and she persuades Lia to help her to return, even though they know doing so will risk their very lives. When they arrive, weeks have passed and all of Siena longs to celebrate the heroines who turned the tide in the battle against Florence—while the Florentines will go to great lengths to see them dead.

But Marcello patiently awaits, and Gabi must decide if she’s willing to leave her family behind for good in order to give her heart to him forever.

 
Yeeesssss! The She-Wolves of Siena are back and Cascade is just as fast-paced and intense as Waterfall was. After returning to their own time period for a short while, Gabi and Lia travel back to the 1300's. Only this time they brought their mother with them. Upon their arrival they find out that there's even more of a threat to their lives than before. Gabi, Lia, Marcello, and Luca go on such an exciting and dangerous adventure in this book, you'll find it very hard to set it down.

Cascade didn't disappoint at all with its great plot development, a beautiful setting, and tons of intense battles. Like I said about the first book, I felt like I was transported back in time with these awesome characters and was in the middle of all the scary situations they found themselves in. I didn't think there was a way for me to fall even more in love with this series, but this book showed me that it was possible. These girls, especially Gabi, go through so much and it seems like they hardly have a chance to catch their breath before they're attacked again. I don't want to spoil anything, but Gabi goes through a tough ordeal and wow! It was pretty scary. It was really interesting to see how she dealt with it. I felt so bad and was very scared for her, but in the end I was happy with the way things turned out.

Something I was really happy about was that we got to see a lot more of Lia and Luca. There's also a sense of romance growing between them and I couldn't help but grin every time they were together.. they're so sweet together! Luca was just as funny and charming, he's such a likeable character and I love his humor. I liked that there were a lot more fighting scenes where Lia got to show off her archery skills. I'd love to be half as good as this chick. We also get to know Gabi and Lia's mom a bit and I thought she was so cool. She adapted so well to this time period like if she had always lived there. A new character we're introduced to is Lord Greco. Ahhh!!! ^_^ I. LOVE. HIM. Go look at the cover of BOURNE. Yup. That's him. *SIGH* He's so purrty... Ok, that's enough of me drooling over him.

A perfect amount of action, romance, danger, and suspense is mixed into this book and the cliff-hanger ending leaves you wanting more! Be grateful all the books in the series are out because you will be dying to know what happens next! You definitely want to read the books in order, you'll understand everything a lot more. I don't think I could say how much I love these characters enough. I feel like Gabi, Lia, Marcello, and Luca are a bunch of friends I've gotten to know so well. I love them all for different reasons and it's so very exciting to know that I will be reunited with them again in book 3, Torrent.

About Lisa T. Bergren
Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling, award-winning author of over 40 books, with
more than 2.5 million copies sold. Her most recent works includes a YA series called River of Time (Waterfall, Cascade, Torrent, Bourne & Tributary), God Gave Us Easter, a devotional called Upside-Down Prayers for Parents and the Grand Tour Series (Glamorous Illusions, Grave Consequences, and Glittering Promises). She’s currently at work on a new YA series called Remnants, coming out in 2014.

Lisa’s time is split between managing home base, writing, and working on ducks with her husband, Tim (RMrustic.com). Tim’s a worship leader, graphic designer and duck-sculptor. They have three kids–Olivia (18), Emma (15) and Jack (10).

The Bergrens make their home in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I keep reading gushing reviews for this series. Needless to say, I *have* to read them. Soon. I love the concept and was introduced to Lisa's writing via The Grand Tour series so I think I'd be happy to read these because they sound awesome!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you *have* to read these books! :D

      Thank you, Rissi, for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for reviewing these, Crystal! CASCADE was my fave of the series, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lisa! Thank you so much for stopping by :D

      And I think Cascade was my fave too!

      Delete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim