Friday, November 8, 2013

A to Z Bookish Survey

Hi guys! I really want to start being more consistent with posting on here. Whether it's a book review, interview, or meme, I just want to have more content for you all to read. Today I decided to do this super fun A to Z book survey. I've seen a couple of blogs I follow do this and I wanted to join the fun! Enjoy :)

The A to Z Bookish Survey was created by Jaime @ The Perpetual Page-Turner

Author you’ve read the most books from:
Lisa T. Bergren. I've probably read about 15 of her books so far. My favorites are all the books in her River of Time Series!
Best Sequel Ever:
Pass. I haven't read the sequels to many of the books I have that are in a series. :/ And the ones I have weren't my favorites to consider them the best. Except for Insurgent maybe?
Currently Reading:
Critical Reaction by Todd M. Johnson
Drink of Choice While Reading:
Tea! Doesn't matter if it's hot or iced, I love me some tea :)
E-reader or Physical Book?
Both for different reasons. I like E-readers because I can take a bunch of books anywhere I go and don't need a huge tote bag to carry them in. I also feel like I read a lot faster when reading from my Kindle. It's so weird!
I like Physical books because there's nothing like the feeling of holding one in your hands. It just feels right. People who aren't book lovers won't understand, LOL! My favorite thing to do is stare at them lookin' so purty on my shelf :D
Fictional Character You'd Love To Trade Places With For A Day:
(I changed this question from the original one)
Gabi or Lia Betarrini from the River of Time series. I could just imagine how beautiful fourteenth century Italy was! *sigh* Of course, I'd want to be there on a day where no battles were being fought or knights were chasing after me with their swords drawn.
Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
The Hunger Games. My future brother-in-law's cousin lent the series to me a couple years back. They were just sitting on my shelf for about two weeks before I picked up the first book. I didn't think I'd like it! But as you know, I am now a big fan.
Hidden Gem Book:
Hmm.. this is a tough one. I'm gonna have to think about that one for a while.
Important Moment in your Reading Life:
When I discovered Goodreads. It's so great to have a social media site where booklovers can come together and share their love for reading. I love having a way to keep track of the books I've read and being able to refer back to the site when I want to see when I read a certain book.
Just Finished:
Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I read it the day it came out and wasn't able to pick up another book until yesterday. I still don't think I've recovered completely from that one.
Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
Erotica. Or pretty much anything with vulgar language or sexually explicit scenes.
Longest Book You’ve Read:
*Checking "Read" shelf on goodreads*
Insurgent by Veronica Roth - 525 pages
Major book hangover because of:
Allegiant. Refer back to my answer for the letter J.
Number of Bookcases You Own:
Two... for now! They're not small, but they aren't too big either. I've been shopping around for my next one and can't wait to fix it up :D
One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
While I was waiting for Book 3 to come out, I read Divergent about 3 times in 2 months.. I've read other books multiple times but just wanted to mention one from recently.
Preferred Place To Read:
My room. And with the door closed because everyone seems to disturb me just as I'm getting to a really good part in the book!
Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
This isn't from a book I've read because I honestly can't even think of one right now. It's just one I really like :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
Dr. Seuss
Reading Regret:
 Ok, you're probably going to roll your eye because I've mentioned this series a lot already, but my regret is not finishing Divergent when I first picked it up two years ago. I honestly can't tell you why I didn't finish it because I don't know why myself... -_-
Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
The Last Survivors series by Susan Beth Pfeffer. I've only read Life as We Knew It and liked it so much! I'd love to read the rest cause they sound like they're really good.
Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
 These are just three out of about ten that I consider my all-time faves.
Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren · Divergent by Veronica Roth · Variant by Robison Wells
Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Pretty much anything by Lisa T. Bergren. She's awesome ^_^
Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
Remnants: Season of Wonder, Book 1 in Lisa Bergren's new series!!
Worst Bookish Habit:
 Accepting/requesting books for review even though I still have a pile of review books in my room waiting to be read!
X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
 Gravestone by Travis Thrasher. Haven't read it yet!
Your latest book purchase:
Catching Fire: movie tie-in edition! Love the cover :D
ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Anomaly by Krista McGee. Such a good book!

5 comments:

  1. Fun post! Loved your answers, Crystal. :) I'm really excited about Remnants: Season of Wonder, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel!! I can't wait for it to release :) I just know this series will be another hit.

      Delete
  2. Fun (fun!) post, Crystal. :)

    Ditto on that "W" answer - I am right there with you, girl. SO hard to say "no."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rissi!

      Oh boy, it is so hard to say no to a new book! I just can't help myself :D

      Delete
  3. What a fun post! I love goodreads too. It's so nice to keep all my books organized there. I often sell my books or give them away so its nice to have a record of what I've read in the past.

    I also love the Dr. Seuss quote you quoted. I'll have to write that one down. : )

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim