Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sunshine Award

Melanie from Christian Bookshelf Reviews nominated me for the Sunshine Award in December 2012. And I'm barely getting this post up now... I'm sorry Mel! Thanks for the award :)

The rules are:
1. Answer the 8 questions the person who awarded you asked
2. Nominate 8 new people (no tag-backs) and notify them on their blog
3. Ask 8 new questions (or reuse the ones you were asked) for your nominees to answer

Here are my answers...
1. What is your favorite TV show?
Once Upon a Time. It's one of the best shows ever and I can hardly wait for season 3 to begin Sept. 29th!

2. Have you ever read a book based on a friend's recommendation alone? If so, what was it and did you like it?
My sister's future cousin-in-law(a fellow book lover) recommended The Hunger Games a few years back. She let me borrow her books and I didn't want to return them to her after reading them.. don't worry I eventually did :) That's where my love for the series began.

3. What is your favorite Bible verse?
I have more than a few favorites, but one I've read a lot these past few weeks and have held close to my heart is Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

4. What is your least favorite food?
Onion. I don't like chopping or eating it. Nope. It hurts my eyes and throat and it's so strong! Unless it's grilled and on top of something yummy :)

5. Who is your favorite professional sports team?
I guess the Lakers? I'm not big on sports and basketball is pretty much the only one I watch, but even that's rare  -_-

6. What is your favorite part about blogging?
I'm probably going the easiest route with this question by saying I love everything about blogging, but it's true. I've met a lot of amazing people who have similar interests as me and are SO nice, I've come to know some great authors that I never would have if it weren't for blogging, and I've discovered books in genres outside of what I usually read. Everything about blogging has been great and I would love to continue in it for as long as possible.

7. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I can't think of one right now, maybe cause it's about 95 degrees at the moment so Christmas seems oh so far away!

8. What are five of your all-time favorite books?
This is such a hard question! Only 5? Umm...
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3. Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren
4. Corridor by Robin Parrish
And one from when I was a kid
5. Holes by Louis Sachar
A lot of the bloggers I follow have already been nominated for this award. So I nominate all of you! If you'd like to answer these questions on your blog then please accept this award from me :) I'll ask the same questions Melanie did.
 

1. What is your favorite TV show?
2. Have you ever read a book based on a friend's recommendation alone? If so, what was it and did you like it?
3. What is your favorite Bible verse?
4. What is your least favorite food?
5. Who is your favorite professional sports team?
6. What is your favorite part about blogging?
7. What is your favorite Christmas song?
8. What are five of your all-time favorite books?

6 comments:

  1. Loved your answers, Crystal! Don't worry about the time it took to post - I completely understand. :) You're welcome and you totally deserve this award, friend. :)

    I'm finally watching Once Upon A Time from the beginning (have season one from the library)! Things definitely make more sense when you see the episodes in order. :)

    LOL! Yeah, it would be kind of hard to think of a favorite Christmas song when it's that hot out.

    I've read four of your all-time favorite books. Corridor & Waterfall are definitely two of my favorite books and I loved The Hunger Games and Divergent. :) I haven't read the book "Holes", but I loved the movie. :)

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're catching up on Once Upon A Time! It's such a great show, and it's way better if you see them in order :D

      I think you'd like holes. I remember it was an assignment for my 4th grade class to read it and I read it over and over again after that. I would lend you my copy but it's pretty beat up LOL! I think it'd fall apart during the trip to you in the mail.

      Thanks again Melanie! This was fun :)

      Delete
  2. Yippee for a fellow ONCER! Love that show - it's clever and of course, I adore fairy-tales. :)

    I agree with you about blogging - we can learn so many lessons in this forum and I've also "met" some awesome people. It's been wonderful thing.

    CONGRATS, Crysal! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippee!! I'm counting down the days until OUAT starts again! I've been having withdrawals -_-

      Thank you for stopping by, Rissi!

      Delete
  3. I am also a OUAT watcher.
    Have you seen the previews for OUAT in Wonderland?
    It is starting Oct 10th - ABC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for more OUAT fans! :D I just barely saw the preview for OUAT in Wonderland and oh my goodness I cannot wait for it to premiere!

      Thanks for stopping by, Wendy! :)

      Delete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim