Friday, September 6, 2013

Liebster Blog Award

 

Melanie from Christian Bookshelf Reviews nominated me for the Liebster blog award. I was already nominated for this award a while back but I wanted to answer the new questions :D
Thank you Melanie!
The rules:
- Link back to the blogger that tagged you.
- Nominate ten others and answer the questions from the blogger who tagged you.
- Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Let your nominees know of their award.

1. Who is your favorite author and why?
One of my favorite authors is Lisa T. Bergren. I have loved every book I've read by her. She just has a way of pulling you into the story and doesn't let go until the very last word on the very last page. She's an amazing author and I know many of you reading this will agree with me.

2. What made you want to become a blogger?
I don't really know exactly what it was that made me want to become a blogger. Maybe it was the free books in exchange for reviews, maybe it was being able to have my own little space on the web? I wish I had a better answer, but I honestly don't know. It just looked like fun :)

3. Is there a book you didn't think you'd like, but you ended up loving it?
The Hunger Games. I had the whole series sitting on my shelf for about 2 weeks before I actually started reading them.

4. What would be your ideal vacation spot?
I'm not too big on vacations. My family goes on more "staycations" than anything else. We live near Disneyland and the beach and those two places are pretty popular vacation spots already so it's good enough for me :D But I would love to visit Hawaii. I always imagine myself sitting on one of the beautiful beaches there reading a really good book. *sigh* I would also like to visit Ireland someday.

5. How many books are on your TBR shelf?
There's too many to count.. I haven't even added them all to my Goodreads TBR shelf  -_- I do a little at a time LOL! Let's just say it's a lot ^_^

6. Where is your favorite spot to read?
My bed. It's the best spot in the house :D

7. Which blogger has been your biggest inspiration?
Katie McCurdy from Legacy of a Writer and Amber Stokes from Seasons of Humility are two bloggers who inspire me. I admire both of these girls for their amazing writing abilities and their humility. You can clearly see their passion for God and books through their reviews and any other posts they have for their readers. They are both so talented at what they do and it's always a pleasure to visit their blogs.

8. Do you prefer stand-alone novels or series?
I like both actually. I can't think of good reasons why at the moment. I've answered a lot of questions today and my brain isn't cooperating! :D

9. What are your other hobbies (besides reading)?
I love photography. Reading. Cooking. Reading. Gardening. Reading. And trying to perfect giving people shots! Just kidding, I only do that at school ^_^

10. What's one of your biggest book pet peeves?
Vulgar language. There's enough of that on tv and in any public place you go(well, not any but you know what I mean), I want to at least be able to escape that when I'm reading.

A lot of the bloggers I follow have already been nominated for this award. So I nominate all of you! If you'd like to answer these questions on your blog then please accept this award from me :) I'll ask the same questions Melanie did.
 
1. Who is your favorite author and why?
2. What made you want to become a blogger?
3. Is there a book you didn't think you'd like, but you ended up loving it?
4. What would be your ideal vacation spot?
5. How many books are on your TBR shelf?
6. Where is your favorite spot to read?
7. Which blogger has been your biggest inspiration?
8. Do you prefer stand-alone novels or series?
9. What are your other hobbies (besides reading)?
10. What's one of your biggest book pet peeves?

1 comment:

  1. Alright - CONGRATS, Crystal. :)

    Hooray for the shout-out to Amber and Katie. Both are lovely bloggers and really excellent examples/inspirations of what it means to be a blogger.

    Love how you answered your favorite "other" hobbies. Way to go, Crystal! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim