Saturday, August 3, 2013

Review: Rearview (7 Hours) by Mike Dellosso

Tyndale House Publishers (April 2012)
Source: Kindle freebie
Series: 7 Hours, #1
Amazon | Goodreads

Professor Dan Blakely has it all . . . until a false accusation leaves him in financial ruin with nothing to fall back on and little hope. In a moment of desperation, he decides to do the unthinkable. But when he loses control of his SUV and careens down the side of a mountain, his plans take another turn. Trapped beneath the frame of his mangled vehicle, Dan is visited by a mysterious stranger who offers him three choices. Filled with regret, Dan makes a decision . . . but little does he know that his troubles have only just begun. The clock is ticking. What will you do with the time you have left?

 
This is the first of Mike Dellosso’s books I’ve read and, what can I say? I'm a fan! From the moment I started reading I was basically glued to my Kindle and would not COULD NOT stop reading until I got to the end. I just had to know what would happen to Dan. What an intense thrill ride Rearview turned out to be!
I don’t want to try and give you my own summary of the book because I’m afraid to give away any spoilers, but I will say that this story stayed with me days after I finished reading it. It has a touching message that makes you think about life and the choices you make. About not being stuck in regret and living each day like it was our last. I even began thinking of how I’d decide to spend my 7 hours if I were in Dan's position. I’d hope it would be with the people I love.
For those of you who love stories with lots of suspense, this had plenty of it! It oozes with tension and a sense of urgency. I was nervous and anxious along with Dan as he watched his 7 hours dwindle away. And the ending had me crying! I think it’s safe to say that I really enjoyed reading this story. I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the 7 Hours Series now. Thanks to Mike Dellosso for a great read!

 
About the author
Website | Twitter | Facebook
Mike Dellosso is the author of numerous novels of suspense, including Darkness Follows, Darlington
Woods, and Scream. He is an adjunct professor of writing at Lancaster Bible College and frequent contributor to Christian websites and newsletters. Mike is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers association, the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance, the Relief Writer’s Network, and FaithWriters, and he plans to join International Thriller Writers. He earned his BA degree from Messiah College and his MBS from Master’s International School of Divinity. He lives in Hanover, PA, with his wife and daughters. Hometown: Hanover, PA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim