Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 : Goals + Progress

Bout of Books

Bout of Books 8.0 is a few days away and I can hardly wait! Here are the goals I've set for myself. I'm hoping they don't change during the read-a-thon, but I'm totally fine with it if I need to tweak them a bit. I won't be doing a daily progress post, this is the post you can come back to where I'll be updating each day. You can also follow me on Twitter where I'll be giving more updates throughout the day. If you'd like to learn more about the read-a-thon or sign up, go here.
 
-My Goals-
  • Read at least 3 hours or 200 pages a day(whichever comes first!)
  • Finish at least 5 books
  • Read 2 review books, 2 just for fun, and 1 reread
  • Comment on 3 or more blogs daily
  • Participate in challenges
  • Update frequently on Twitter
  • Have a great time reading a whole bunch!
-Books to read-
(This is the list I'll be choosing from. *Rereads)
  • Lethal Remedy by Richard L. Mabry
  • In Between by Jennie B. Jones
  • The Next Target by Nikki Arana
  • Dazzle by Amber Garza
  • Red Dawn Rising by Sue Duffy
  • The Pawn by Steven James
  • False Pretenses by Kathy Herman
  • Indelible by Kristen Heitzman
  • The Girl Who Was Supposed To Die by April Henry
  • Submerged by Dani Pettrey
  • Diviner by Bryan Davis
  • Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer*
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins* - I just had to add this as a reread!
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth*
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth*
  • Chasing Mona Lisa by Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey
 
Updates
8/19
Books read today: Divergent by Veronica Roth - Finished!
Books completed so far: 1
Pages read so far: 487
Percentage of current book: 15% done with Dazzle by Amber Garza
Thoughts on today (in 140 characters or less):
What a great start to Bout of Books 8.0! I had fun meeting other readers and am looking forward to the rest of the week :)

8/20
Books read today: Dazzle by Amber Garza - only read about 100 pages :(
Books completed so far: 1
Pages read so far: 570
Percentage of current book: 25%
Thoughts on today (in 140 characters or less):
Bummed out that I didn't read as much as I wanted. There were too many distractions! Hoping tomorrow will be a better day for reading :)
 
8/21
Books read today: Dazzle by Amber Garza - read a couple pages, The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry - Finished!
Books completed so far: 2
Pages read so far: 794
Percentage of current book: 33%
Thoughts on today (in 140 characters or less):
So glad to have finished another book! I also need to start commenting on other blogs & do the challenges! Haven't had a chance to :/

8/22
Books read today: Dazzle by Amber Garza
Books completed so far: 2
Pages read so far: 940 - oops had page # wrong before!
Percentage of current book: 78%
Thoughts on today (in 140 characters or less):
*sigh* Felt kinda bleh today, but still managed to get more reading done. I'm halfway there to reaching my goal! YESSSSHHH!!!!
 
8/23
Books read today: Dazzle by Amber  Garza - Finished!, A Cast of Stones by Patrick W. Carr - read about 10 pages
Books completed so far: 3
Pages read so far: 1075
Percentage of current book: 2%
Thoughts on today (in 140 characters or less):
What a day! I just want to hide away in the perfect reading spot and get lost in a book...

8/24
Books read today: In Between by Jenny B. Jones - read about 20 pages
Books completed so far: 3
Pages read so far: 1095
Percentage of current book: 5%
Thoughts on today (in 140 characters or less):
Stopped reading A Cast of Stones, it was moving a bit slow for me :/ Hoping to finish at least one more book before bout of books ends!

8/25
Books read today: In Between by Jenny B. Jones - Finished reading waaay past my normal bedtime
Books completed so far: 4
Pages read so far: 1427
Percentage of current book: 2% done with Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Thoughts on today (in 140 characters or less):
Last day of Bout of Book 8.0! Felt like I was moving, and reading, super slow. Glad to have finished 4 books! I was THIS close to reaching my goal! :D

11 comments:

  1. I loved In Between and Unending Devotion! Hope you like them too! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are ambitious goals. I wish you the best of luck in achieving them.

    You'll definitely be able to read the Hunger Games (or the entire trilogy, for that matter) during the week. The books are so gripping and if you don't have any work commitments the next day, you just want to spend reading them all night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And yes, The Hunger Games will be pretty easy to get lost in and finish in no time!

      Delete
  3. Those are great goals and much more ambitious than mine haha. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck in reaching your goals! :D

      Delete
  4. Don't be sad if you didn't meet your daily goal, at least you tried! Good luck the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking about re-reading The Hunger Games. I've never been a book re-reader. I always feel like I"m wasting my time because I've already read it and there's just SOOOO many books out there I want to read. But I recently re-read a childhood book and loved it. So I'm thinking of doing that more.

    Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's true! I've only reread a couple of my all time favorite books. Not every book out there is reread worthy :D

      Thank you for stopping by, Britney!

      Delete
  6. This read-a-thon made me stay up late reading too. :/ WTG on finishing 4 books - I hope you had a lot of fun. :D

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie! The latest I stayed up reading this week was 2:30am :/ LOL! But those lost hours of sleep were totally worth it cause the book I was reading was AWESOME!! ^_^

      I had a blast and I'm so glad to have done Bout of Books with you lovely ladies!

      Delete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim