Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Review: Evacuation by Jennifer Hartz

Evacuation (Future Savior Book Three)
by Jennifer Hartz
Desert Breeze Publishing (March 2012)
Source: Bought
Amazon | Goodreads

Faith… it seems to be revolving around everything I do and it is a hard lesson to learn. I have to have faith that I can save my brother. I have to have faith that my friends scattered all over Meric will survive. I have to have faith that all of Shaw's secrets are coming to an end. I even have to have faith in my own abilities.

The evil tyrant Leticia has sent out her dark priest Neamiah to persuade the people of Meric that she is god. The people must take her mark or die. My greatest test of faith lies ahead… I have to prove to the people of Meric that Leticia's claim to lordship is false and that the Creator is the real God.

In this latest installment of the Future Savior series, Christina has a lot, and I mean a lot, to deal with. After a shocking secret about Shaw was revealed in Resurrection, she's now having trouble trusting him and can't help but wonder what else he could be keeping from her. She’s also trying to figure out a way to save her brother and get him to be on her side against the very powerful Leticia.

As if Leticia couldn’t get any more evil, she is now forcing the people of Meric to wear her mark or face death. Christina has her work cut out for her as she sets out to find as many people who are willing to fight with her against Leticia’s armies that are quickly spreading all over Meric.

If you read my blog at all or follow my tweets then you probably know what a huge fan I am of the FS series. I was super excited about the release of Evacuation in March, and I’m very pleased to say that the long wait was worth it! If you haven't started reading this series yet, I suggest you start now. :)

It was so great to get back to these characters and continue on this journey with them. With the shocking cliff-hanger in Book 2 that left me completely speechless, I couldn't wait to see how, or if, Christina would get past these trust issues she now had with Shaw. I was biting my nails hoping it wasn't over for them. It was a bit of a surprise when we got to see a more vulnerable side to him. It took a while to get to this point but it was awesome when he finally let Christina in!

Like I've said about Jennifer's writing before, it's hard not to get lost in this fantastical world she's created. She writes with such vivid detail of everything that surrounds Christina and her friends. From the beautiful land they’re traveling through, to the different creatures that are either trying to kill them or are fighting with them. It’s a place that is very hard to leave when the story is over.

There is so much to love about this book. I was laughing out loud one minute and then trying not to cry the next. I honestly have nothing else to say other than I loved it. The sigh-inducing romance, surprising twists you don't see coming, and all the action these characters find themselves in the middle of will have you at the edge of your seat wanting more! I don't know how I'm gonna wait until December for the release of Book Four, Desecration!

Because there’s a lot more romance and a few passionate kissing scenes, I wouldn't recommend this to younger readers.
 

3 comments:

  1. Great review, Crystal! You took the words right out of my mouth :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the love Crystal! What a nice review :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim