Friday, February 17, 2012

The Hunger Games!!


I know I haven't mentioned it that much on here, but I LOVE The Hunger Games!!! I read the books sometime in 2010 and it was instant love for me.. an unputdownable series that will be a favorite of mine forever.

When I found out last March that a Hunger Games movie was in the works... AHHHHHHH!!!! I was crazy excited! And I remember saying after I read them,"These books would make AMAAAZING movies!" I still can't believe we're only 34 days away from the premiere. Eeeep!!!

And the cast.. I'm so happy with the people they chose. Prim(Willow Shields) and Rue(Amandla Stenberg) are probably the closest to what I imagined them looking like in the books. They're so cute! President Snow(Donald Sutherland) is pretty darn close too!

I'm sure Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth have done a fantastic job playing Katniss, Peeta, and Gale. From what we get to see in the trailers, it looks like they're gonna be great.

I would post the trailer, but all the ones I found have embedding disabled. BOO!!! If you're a fan of these books, I'm sure you've already watched the videos like 100 times anyway =p



It's so cool the world premiere is gonna be at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. That's about 10 miles from me!!! AHHH!! I would love to go and see the cast! And of course it'd be nice to watch the movie a week before everyone else does =D

Anyway, I just wanted to post a little something about The Hunger
Games before it comes out in theaters. Sorry for my overuse of exclamation points.. I'm just so happy!

So, how excited are you about the movie?!?! Are you planning on going to the midnight showing? Let me know in a comment :)

Oh and I LOVE this song and music video. It makes me wanna cry :( What scene do you think it'll be played in? I'm thinking maybe the cave scene..
Can't see the video? Click here to watch

8 comments:

  1. Yay, what a fun post!! I'm with you -- I CANNOT wait till it comes out!!!!

    I hadn't heard that music video before, but you're right. So beautiful! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! I'm anxiously counting down the days =D

      Delete
  2. I loved the series too... although I wasn't crazy about the last book. But I am so looking forward to the movie! I'm on a budget so no seeing it in theaters for me. It's going to be so hard to wait for it to come out on DVD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Mockingjay was a bit depressing for me. I still can't believe Prim died :(

      Oh really?! Well hopefully it doesn't take too long for the DVD to come out!

      Delete
  3. Hey Crystal! Thought you'd be interested in this :) Amazon is having a giveaway, tickets to the hunger games premiere. here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/Amazon?sk=app_172341942779663
    have a great weekend!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kara, Thank you so much for the link! I had no idea they were having a giveaway =D

      I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! God Bless :)

      Delete
  4. I've been on the fence about whether or not I should read these. A couple of people said they thought I would like them, but I've just been so busy with other awesome books. This post pushed me over though and The Hunger Games is now in my possession. I'll definitely have to read it before the movie comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely cannot wait for the movie!!
    And the soundtrack, Safe and sound is so hauntingly beautiful. I've had it on my playlist ever since it was released. And don't even get me started on the books. They're the reason I live.. uhhh, ok not exactly. But they could be! Thanks so much for the giveaway! The Hunger Games movie tie-in edition?!! Now, that's a valid reason to live.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim