Monday, January 2, 2012

Musing Mondays #1

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. This week's musing asks...

What is/are the first book(s) you're reading for the new year?


Yesterday I finished reading The Baker's Wife by Erin Healy. Does it count if I started reading it on New Year's Eve?? Oh well, I finished it yesterday :) It was a great, suspenseful read(I LOVE SUSPENSE!), but for some reason I didn't love it like I wanted to. You can read why in my review that'll be posted by the end of the week. For now, you can read about it on Goodreads.

Today I'm starting Unhallowed Ground by Mel R. Starr. It's the fourth book in a series that I haven't read before, so I'm hoping I'm not lost through the entire thing =/ It sounds pretty good though..

Thomas atte Bridge, a man no one likes, is found hanging from a tree near Cowleys Corner. All assume he has taken his own life, but Master Hugh and Kate find evidence that this may not be so.


What book are you starting the year off with?

2 comments:

  1. Unhallowed Ground sounds interesting! I understand how you feel: I definitely prefer to read a series in order. However, I've found mysteries/thrillers give a bit of leeway. There's one particular series I love that I haven't read in order at all (excusing the newest releases) and apart from one or two tiny details, I haven't found myself lost or confused at all.

    My MM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, the first book I finished was one I started in 2011 - Fire and Ash by Anne Patrick. It was really good and I'll be posting my review sometime this week.

    I read The Baker's Wife by Erin Healy last year, and I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim