Friday, January 6, 2012

Book Beginnings


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by A Few More Pages. To participate, share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading. Include the title and the author so we know what you're reading. Then, if you would like, let us know what your first impressions were based on that first line.

I started reading Divergent by Veronica Roth this week. I've heard so many great things about this book and couldn't wait to start reading it. Here are the first few lines...

There is one mirror in my house. It is behind a sliding panel in the hallway upstairs. Our faction allows me to stand in front of it on the second day of every third month, the day my mother cuts my hair.

Hmm.. makes me curious to see what a faction is. It sounds like the society this girl lives in is pretty controlling. So far I've only read the first few pages, but I'm really liking it.

7 comments:

  1. Ohh, that DOES intrigue me. Pulls you right in and raises so many questions in your mind. I'll be looking for your thoughts on this book, once you finish. Might be something I'd like to read. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing this book around, and - like Katie - I'm curious to see what you think when you're done! :) I'm hoping to read more of The Hunger Games this weekend. :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a GREAT book! You can see mine here:
    http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2012/01/book-beginnings-on-friday-162012.html
    Shari over at My Neurotic Book Affair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm I've been curious about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We both read this and loved it! Looking forward to her next one! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divergent sounds interesting... might be something I'd like to read.

    Oh, I posted about my Blogoverary celebration! If you add my button to your site you'll get two extra entries in each giveaway you choose! You can read the post here: http://christianbookshelfreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/one-year-blogoversary-celebration.html

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. hummm...*thoughtful look* would I like it?

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim