Monday, January 23, 2012

Blogger Interview ~ Austenitis

Getting to know the blogger behind the reviews!

This week's blogger interview is with Charity from Austenitis. Please help me give her a warm welcome!

Thanks for being with us today, Charity! Can you tell us a little bit about your blog?
Well, my blog (as you have probably seen above) is called “Austenitis”. Sadly, this isn’t a name that I thought up, but a close friend did. J As the name suggests, my blog has a lot of Jane Austen stuff, from reviews to events, hosted by me or other blogging friends. There are also occasional posts about Lord of the Rings or Narnia (both of which things I love). But mostly, there are book reviews. I read a lot of books, and review almost all of them. I also write reviews for CD’s, songs, and movies. Then there are special posts, like Cover Focus (in which I highlight book covers that I love) and The Spotlight Series (basically a post full of pictures of a movie character who I like – I’ve done a bunch of these!). Another really fun thing is when an author comes by for an interview and sometimes a giveaway!

How long have you been blogging?
Good question. Ummm…I started in early December 2010. So a little over a year.

I know I'm over a month late with this but... Happy 1 Year Blogoversary!!

What got you started in blogging your book reviews?
Reading books. J I love reading, as already mentioned, and have long wished for a way to sort my reviews. Blogger is pretty good at that if you fill in the information in the tags. And I LOVE getting book suggestions or hearing what other people thought of the books I’m reading.

How much time do you put into your blog?
Probably a couple of hours a week. The reviews don’t take me long to write, but if I do a Spotlight post or an interview or something else out-of-the-ordinary, it can take a while.

What genre is your favorite and why?
I love fantasy, adventure, and romance. All three of those. Best of all is when they’re all in one book. J Why? I honestly don’t know.

What is/are your favorite book(s) of all time?
How long can this list be? Because if allowed, it could be really long. I’ll try and narrow it down to five. And these are just a sampling, mind you! And I’m not going to include books by my three favorite authors (see below). Livvie’s Song by Sharlene MacLaren, Crimson Roses by Grace Livingston Hill, The Zion Chronicles series by Bodie Thoene (hehe, Crystal didn’t say anything about including series… ;)), Heart’s Journey Home by Jen Stephens, and Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren. The first, fourth, and fifth I just discovered this year; the others are old favorites.

Who are your 3 favorite authors?
Jane Austen (obviously), J. R. R. Tolkien, and C. S. Lewis.

If you had to pick one, what's the best book you've read in the past year?
AAAAHHHHH! That’s impossible to decide. I’ve come across SO many great books in the past year. Let’s say favorite non-fiction book instead, because that’s much easier. Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris. It was a.m.a.z.i.n.g. Really.

If you had the chance to invite some book characters over for dinner, who would you choose?
Oh, that would be nice! I might have to have a couple dinners, since the characters I want to meet are all so different! For one, I’d want Aragorn, Legolas, and Gandalf from Lord of the Rings; for another, Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth and Mr. Bingley and Jane from Pride and Prejudice. And one more…Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy from The Chronicles of Narnia. Those would all be so much fun!

Is there a particular movie or TV series that you preferred over the book version?
Yes. Princess Bride. Yes, it really does have a book. The book is very strange. It’s…yeah. The movie is much better.

What are you reading at the moment? How do you like it so far?
Wow, this changes daily. Today’s read is mostly Leaving by Karen Kingsbury. I just discovered her recently as an author and have really enjoyed what I’ve read by here! Leaving is the first book in the Bailey Flanigan series and I can’t wait to read the rest! This one’s really good. Review coming in early February on my blog, I think. (Yes, all my reviews come out delayed…since I limit myself to one post per day [most of the time] some books and movies aren’t reviewed for months after I see them – well, the reviews are written, but not published ‘til later.)

Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of? 
I’m sure there is one…I just have to remember. Nothing’s coming to mind right now…

Favorite book character?
I have too many to choose just one. The one I’m most similar to is probably Elinor from Sense and Sensibility. And I like her a lot. J

A character you love to hate?
Gollum. Except occasionally he is kinda cute, in the movie at least. Well, not quite cute, but pitiable, if that makes sense.

How many books do you read in a month - roughly?
Probably 25 or so. More rather than less. I almost do a book a day, but there are days I miss, days I read more than one, and of course, book length varies.

Wow! 25? That's amazing.. I'm lucky if I can reach 8 in a month :D

Which do you prefer, Ebook or Print?
PRINT! The e-books are cool, they’re portable, and I’d love to have a Kindle, but a print book…it doesn’t get better than that.

What do you like to do when you aren't blogging? 
Read. :D What else? I love photography. And I love getting together with my friends for photo-shoots…or when we can’t get together, a long phone call suffices, during which books are always a topic.
* * *

Thank you so much for the fun interview, Charity! It was great getting to know you more =D

Find Charity

4 comments:

  1. Hey Charity! So great to see you on here! And while I already knew some things about ya (like that you are a fantasy fan ;-), I also learned some new things. Too cool! Great interview, by the way. Very fun reading. :-)

    Thanks for putting these on, Crystal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing these! They're so much fun =D

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Katy! Fun to see you here. :)

    Crystal, thank you SO much for hosting me! I loved the questions and had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! You did an awesome job!

      Delete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim