Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Review: Resurrection (Future Savior Book 2)


Resurrection (Future Savior Book Two)
by Jennifer Hartz
Desert Breeze Publishing (June 1, 2011)
Source: Bought
Amazon | Goodreads

Time matters very little when you're dead. I discovered this intriguing fact after being tortured and stabbed to a tree in the strange land of Meric, a place where I discovered my unbelievable powers and experienced an adventure far more amazing than I could have ever imagined.

Now that I'm dead, I find myself stuck in my past, 1991 to be exact… or am I actually dead? Perhaps my adventure to Meric had just been a dream. My unbelievable destiny, all of the friends I made, and even Shaw, the man I fell in love with… just a dream?

..My Thoughts..

Resurrection picks up closely where Conception left off. After dying, Christina finds herself back in her 17 year old body. She doesn't understand how this happened or why. All she wants is to return to Meric and find out exactly what's going on. But was Meric and everything she experienced there real or was it all just a dream?

Any words that I come up with won't do this book justice. I loved everything about Book 1 and was curious to see how Jennifer could top it. With an incredible story and a surprising ending like the one found in this book, it has definitely taken the title as my favorite in the series so far.

I loved returning to Meric. In my review of Book 1, I mentioned the vivid details and descriptions of the land. When reading, I can just imagine how beautiful Meric looks and I easily get lost in this amazing place that I never want to leave.

There are so many fantastic characters, both old and new. It was hard not to like some of them and oh so easy to hate others. One character I'm still waiting to get a good "look" at is Leticia. She makes more appearances this time, but she's still kind of mystery to me. I can't really envision how she looks in my head. I'm hoping she shows up more in Book 3.

With action, romance, mythical creatures, unexpected surprises and so much more,  Resurrection has it all. This was a great fantasy read that pulls you in from the start with a firm grip and doesn't let up until the very last page. I am now eagerly waiting for the March 1st release of Book 3: Evacuation. If you haven't read any of these books, I'd suggest you read them in order to fully understand the story.

 
* * * * *

A Giveaway!
Author Jennifer Hartz is giving away an ebook copy of Future Savior Book One: Conception. The Giveaway ends tomorrow so {go here} to see how you can enter!

4 comments:

  1. GREAT review!!!!!!!! Those are truly amazing books!!! :D btw, LOVE love LOVE what you've done with the place *wink* (total play of words) Hope ya have a great 2012, Crystal!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Paige!! Yes they are and thank you for introducing me to them =D
    Lol! I hope you're having an amazing 2012 so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won a copy of the book "Conception" and I'm hoping I'll like it... :) Glad to know you loved them! =)

    Melanie
    http://christianbookshelfreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie - That's great! I hope you like it too =D

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim