Saturday, December 31, 2011

Month in Review: December 2011


What did I do?
  • I didn't reach my goal for the Christmas in July, in December challenge. I wanted to read at least 3 Christmas books and get my reviews posted by the end of the month. Obviously that did not happen. I did read one Christmas book though!
  • I signed up for the Contentment Reading Challenge hosted by Katie from Legacy of a Writer.
  • I had an unspoken goal of having at least 100 followers by the end of 2011 and I am SO happy to be able to say that I have reached that goal, times two! Thank you to all my new followers! I appreciate you and I will definitely be having a special giveaway in January to celebrate =D
Blogger Interviews
Books Read
  • Christmas at Harrington's by Melody Carlson
  • Solitary by Travis Thrasher
  • Catching Fire(reread) by Suzanne Collins*
Favorite of the month*

Reviews Posted (title, author, rating)
Giveaway Winners
  • Katie, winner of Tandem by Tracey Bateman
____________________________________________________________
Photobucket
Books Read: 43 - Seeing that number embarrasses me! I'm going to try my best to read at least twice that many in 2012.

Pages Read: Around 15,000 - I don't know the exact amount, but the average pages per book was 350.

Books Re-read: 9 - I didn't include the number of re-reads in my books or pages read this year.

Reviews Posted: 30 -

Favorite Books of 2011:
The River of Time Series by Lisa T. Bergren

Future Savior Series Book 1 & 2 by Jennifer Hartz


Goals for 2012

One of my main goals for the new year is to post more reviews and be more active in blogging. I'll probably start doing one or two memes regularly. At this point I'm not too sure. We'll see!

I want to get more reading done too. I have so many books that I want to get to, but life sometimes gets in the way and I can't find time to start them. I'm thinking that the reading challenges I signed up for will help me pick up the pace and read, read, read! :)

I want to interact more with other bloggers. I don't know why I get so chicken when it comes to meeting and talking to new bloggers. I need to get over that shyness and just have fun! I also want to comment more on other people's posts. I know I LOVE it when I get a comment, so I'm sure others would like more comment love too. :)
____________________________________________________________

I hope you're all having a wonderful New Year's Eve! God Bless and see you in 2012!!

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Crystal! I can't believe the last day of the last month of 2011 is HERE!! Yikes, time flies!! :-D

    I posted my month in review just now. What a month! Oh, and thanks for joining the Contentment Reading Challenge this year. And for interviewing me. That was so much fun!!

    I look forward to getting to know you and your blog more in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal,

    I also want to comment more on other blogger's posts (because, like you, I love receiving comments!)

    I'm going to be posting my Month in Review soon.. http://christianbookshelfreviews.blogspot.com/

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still had one heck of year! I'm very proud to be a follower!! I loved your Blogger interview for December! I think we all have the goal of commenting on other Bloggers' but I know we all understand how hard it can be to run our own site and keep up with others. Its always a goal of mind too :P)

    If you are looking for a new fun challenge to partake in 2012 you should check out my new 2012 YA Saves Reading Challenge that focuses on reading those 'tough' and 'dark' YA novels that make a difference. I really hope you can come by and join the fun! http://www.patriciasparticularity.com/2011/12/introducing-ya-saves-reading-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie- Thank you, Katie! I know, I still can't believe we're already in 2012! I'll go check out your month in review right now :) Sorry I haven't gone over yet!

    Melanie- Yeah I've been wanting to comment more frequently, but I don't always make time to go around and do that :( I'm working on it though!

    Patricia- Thank you! I'm hoping 2012 is even better :) And thanks for following, I appreciate it!

    I'll definitely head over to your blog and look into your reading challenge. It sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim