Thursday, December 8, 2011

Blogger Interview ~ Legacy of a Writer

 Getting to know the blogger behind the reviews!

Here's another fun interview for you all. Joining us today is Katie from Legacy of a Writer!

Tell us a little bit about your blog. 
Thank you so much for having me on your blog today, Crystal! My blog? Well, Legacy of a Writer first started out as a place where I could talk about my own writing journey. Over time, it started to grow and now, today, it's a place where I talk about everything and anything having to do with books. :-) I post book reviews, host author interviews, giveaway books, and occasionally share a few things about my personal life as the third eldest in a family of 10 kids. :-) 

What got you started in blogging your book reviews? 
A few different things. One of the main reasons was because as a teenager, I LOVED to read. Seriously, I wore out my library with how frequently I visited--and I always left with ten or more books! But for me, as a teen, not all of those books were always suitable. So, as I began getting introduced to wonderful, clean, Christian authors through my blog, I just wanted to share with other teens that there really ARE books out there that are safe to read. 

How long have you been blogging? 
The middle of January will be two years. :-)  

Congrats on almost two years of blogging! =) 

How much time do you put into your blog? 
Hmm...I've never really stopped to think of that. Quite a bit, I suppose. Usually my mornings (and sometimes afternoons) are entirely spent on my blog, either writing up a post or planning for future posts. But it's so much fun, I don't really notice the hours! :-) 

What genre is your favorite and why? 
 That's an easy one! I love, love, LOVE suspense! Anything that will scare my socks off (but not in a ghost, vampire, paranormal way) or keep me on the edge of my seat is sure to thrill me. I just love it when I am reading a book that I can NOT, for the life of me, put down. It's such an awesome thrill!

Ooh, I love suspense! And for the same reasons as you!  

What is/are your favorite book(s) of all time?  
How can I only pick a few??? Well, how 'bout this--I give you three of my top favorite series and three of my top favorite singles. 1) River of Time by Lisa Bergren 2) Discarded Heroes by Ronie Kendig 3) Women of Justice by Lynette Eason. And for singles, I love 1) The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund 2) Deadly Pursuit by Irene Hannon 3) Bathsheba by Jill Eileen Smith. 

Ebook or Print? 
Print, all the way!!!! While eBook is nice in that it's cheaper and easier to transport....there isn't anything like actually holding the book in your hands!!! And if everything's on a little electronic device...there's nothing to display on your bookshelf! *gasp of horror* My bookshelf is my FAVORITE spot in my room! 

Who are your 3 favorite authors?  
Just 3??? Hmm, okay. I'd suppose I would say Lisa Bergren, Jody Hedlund, and Ronie Kendig. There writing is so strong, vivid, bold, and transports the readers RIGHT into the action! 

Do you enjoy doing memes? If so, which ones can be found on your blog? 
I enjoy doing them, even though I only participate in one on my blog. It's the Book Beginnings and every Friday I post the first few lines of a book, and talk about what gripped me the most. :-) 

If you had to pick one, what's the best book you've read in the past year? 
Ugh, that's a tough question. Hmm....Probably either Torrent or Wolfsbane. Both of those were really awesome. 

If you had the chance to invite some book characters over for dinner, who would you choose? 
 Let's see: Lord Greco from Torrent (OH YEAH!) and since he would be coming, having the rest of the River of Time series cast would be cool. Dani, Canyon, and the rest of the Nightshade team from Wolfsbane. Katniss and Peeta from The Hunger Games. Tahn and Netta from Tahn. Priscilla and Eli from The Doctor's Lady. And...well, that's enough to get the dinner going. :-) 

Those are some pretty awesome characters on the invite list! 

Is there a particular movie or TV series that you preferred over the book version?  
Hmm...none comes to mind. 

Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of? 
Yes, I have. One book that comes to mind is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. After such an awesome adventure, I didn't like what happened in the last chapter between Katniss and Peeta. It kinda made for a disappointing and unsatisfied ending.

Favorite book character? 
Oh dear, just one?!?!?! Well, how 'bout I pick a favorite girl character and a favorite guy character? For girls...I'd pick Dani from Wolfsbane. She was such a strong character, even after all she'd been through. And I loved how she kept fighting, no matter what. As for guys...I'd pick Lord Rodolfo Greco, OF COURSE!!! I completely fell for his dark good-bad-guy character. And he had such a complex personality, that he always kept me guessing. (Haha, have you noticed how those two books have kept coming up in today's interview, Crystal?? Yeah, both of them are pretty awesome! ;-) 

A character you love to hate?  
Ohh, that'd probably be Lord Paratore in the River of Time series. That guy was, to use one of Gabi's terms, "Major Creeporama"! 

How many books do you read in a month - roughly? 
Around 18-ish a month. Sometimes I hit 20. 

What do you like to do when you aren't blogging? 
Write. As soon as I finish my blogging responsibilities for the day, I open up my WIP and WRITE!! :-) 

What advice would you give new book bloggers? 
Just keep blogging and doing the best you can to make your book blog uniquely yours. You won't get 200+ followers overnight. It takes work to get your blog out there and noticed, but it's a lot of fun! :-)
 * * *
That's great advice, Katie! I'll definitely be taking it (even though I'm not a new book blogger =D) Thanks for joining us today, it was a lot of fun interviewing you!

Find Katie

7 comments:

  1. Great interview, ladies! :D So fun to see blogging friends interviewing blogging friends, LOL!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these interviews, Crystal! I follow Katie's blog too so it's fun to get to know her better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Crystal! Sorry I wasn't over here earlier -- I've been out and about all day. :-) I had such fun answering these questions! Thanks for the opportunity!

    Thanks for stopping by, Amber and Brooke! It's great to get to know y'all, too, through this blogging world! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! I have to say I am with you all the way on Ronie Kendig:) I LOVE her books and can't wait for Firethorn to come out. Have all her books on my shelf and that one will be next. She is just such an awesome writer!
    Nice to read more about you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, another Ronie Kendig fan. AWESOME!!! Yeah, I am on pins and needles for Firethorn. YAY!!!!

    I seriously can. not. wait.

    Thanks for stopping by! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by ladies!

    Katie - Don't worry about it =) I'm so glad you enjoyed doing the interview! I'm gonna have to check out a Ronie Kendig book soon.. you two have me curious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, do check out Ronie Kendig's books. Each one I've read I have completely enjoyed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim