Monday, November 21, 2011

Blogger Interview ~ Christian Bookshelf Reviews

Getting to know the blogger behind the reviews!

Blogger Interview is a new feature I'm doing to spotlight other book bloggers. Joining us today for my very first Blogger Interview is Melanie from Christian Bookshelf Reviews.

Thank you for being with us today Melanie! Tell us a little bit about your blog.
Hi Crystal! Thanks for having me here. My blog is Christian Bookshelf Reviews and I review mostly Christian fiction books (which you can probably tell from the title). I also interview authors and host giveaways.

What got you started in blogging your book reviews?
One of the reasons I started this blog is because I love to read and having a blog is a great way to read more books (that I otherwise might not have had the opportunity to read). I also like sharing my opinions about books and helping others decide if a book sounds interesting to them or not.  

How long have you been blogging?
February 4, 2011 is the first time I posted on Christian Bookshelf Reviews! I'm so excited about my blogoversary (I'm planning a BIG celebration)!

Ooh! Sounds like fun! I'll be watching for that :)

Do you enjoy doing memes? If so, which ones can be found on your blog?
Yes! I love participating in memes! I've participated in a variety of memes, but I don't participate every week. Some of my favorites are Book Blogger Hop, Musing Mondays, Top Ten Tuesday, and WWW Wednesdays. I also host a meme called 'Weekend Report' - it's where you sum up what you've accomplished the previous week. (i.e. books read, reviews posted, current giveaways, etc.). 

What genre is your favorite and why?
Definitely Suspense/Thriller! Why? I guess because I love being on the edge of my seat, anticipating what's going to happen!

What is/are your favorite book(s) of all time?
Abomination by Collen Coble; Vigilante by Robin Parrish; Waterfall, Cascade, and Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren; The Queen by Steven James; The Colonel's Lady by Laura Frantz; Skin and The Boneman's Daughter by Ted Dekker ~ and that's just a few of my favorite books! :)

If you were shipwrecked on a deserted island, what 3 books would you want with you?
Wow! Tough question. How can I choose just three? Besides the Bible, I'd probably pick Abomination by Colleen Coble and Cascade & Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren

Cascade & Torrent would most likely be my choices too!

Which do you prefer, Ebook or Print?
Without a doubt print! I like ebooks, but I much prefer reading print.

Is there a particular movie or TV series that you preferred over the book version?
I can't think of a book that I've read that is also a movie or vice versa. I did like the movie 'The Last Sin Eater', but I haven't read the book...yet! :o

Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of?
Yes! Yes, yes, yes, and yes! I would really like to rewrite the ending to 'Inside Threat' by Jason Elam and Steve Yohn! I cried so much over that ending....I'm not going to say what happened, but it's really sad.

Favorite book character?
I don't have a favorite book character, but I really like Patrick Bowers (from the Patrick Bowers Thrillers by Steven James).

How many books do you read in a month - roughly?
I'd say normally around 8-10 books.

What book are you currently reading? How do you like it so far?
Right now I'm reading Forbidden by Ted Dekker & Tosca Lee! It's great so far!

What do you like to do when you aren't blogging?
Watch NHL games, read, listen to music, and play games.

* * * *
Again, thanks for being with us today Melanie! It was fun interviewing you :)

Find Melanie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie!!!
    Great interview. I didn't realize you were such a new blogger. You seem so well established!

    And Crystal - love the new design! Pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wall-to-wall book ~ Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome interview!

    I totally agree about rewriting Inside Threat, Melanie! I was in tears, too! :-( While it was a really great thriller...it was just SO sad!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim