Monday, October 31, 2011

Review: A Dime a Dozen

A Dime a Dozen (Million Dollar Mysteries, Book 3) by Mindy Starns Clark
Harvest House Publishers (October 1, 2011)
Amazon | Goodreads

In book number three of The Million Dollar Mystery series, Callie suddenly finds herself involved in the life of a young wife and mother whose husband has disappeared…possibly the victim of foul play.

Callie has come to the beautiful Smoky Mountains hoping to award a million-dollar grant to the charity set up in the woman’s late husband’s honor. But in the search for a missing migrant worker, a body is discovered, which puts the grant on hold and her new romance with her mysterious boss in peril. Trusting in God, Callie forges steadily ahead through a mire of clues that lead her deeper and deeper into danger.

..My Thoughts..

A Dime a Dozen basically had me at page one. It was great! The story started out pretty slow as we read about Callie's assignment for the J.O.S.H.U.A foundation. She was returning to her late husband's hometown of Greenbriar to look into the non-profit organization her in-laws run and hopefully award them with a grant. While there, she finds herself investigating the disappearance of a migrant worker and a murder, something she definitely didn't plan on doing during this trip. She's put in alot of danger, but will stop at nothing until she gets to the bottom of things.

Like i said before, the story started out slow. At one point I wanted to skip forward a bit, but i was able to hold back the urge to do that. Towards the end is when the suspense and pace picked up as Callie pieced things together and started getting closer to finding the culprit. I tried to figure out who it was before she did, but failed miserably =D.

The suspense, action, and budding relationship between Callie and Tom had me glued to the pages of this book. Callie was strong, intelligent, and so passionate about her job. It was hard not to like her. I was hoping to read more about her relationship with Tom, but I'm sure I'll be doing that in the next book.

I came into this series pretty late, but I was glad to find out that it really isn't necessary to read the two previous books in order to understand what's going on. Of course, now that I read it and it enjoyed so much, I do want to go back and start from the beginning. This was a great story with lots of twists, an awesome cast of characters, and an ending that really surprised me. I can't wait to read the next book, A Quarter for a Kiss.

Rating - 4 stars

(Review copy provided by Harvest House Publishers through FIRST Blog Tours.)

3 comments:

  1. I thought 'A Dime a Dozen' was great! I read this book years ago; but when I re-read it for this tour, I wasn't exactly sure what was going to happen... I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ~Melanie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of "The Million Dollar Mysteries" before from a friend. I was interested in trying to get it from the library, but I don't think I ever did get it. The summary you posted sounds interesting! Perhaps I should gives Mindy Starns Clark a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie- I had never heard of this series before, but I'm so glad to have had the chance to read A Dime a Dozen =D

    Tarissa - Thanks :) It's a really great story, you should definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim