Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waterfall Wednesdays - Week 5

Waterfall Wednesdays - A Read-Along Event 
Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren 
Discussion 5 - Chapters 24-28
Today's questions hosted by Irresistible Reads

I am so sad Waterfall Wednesdays has come to an end =( Tina sure wasn't kidding when she said the 5 weeks would fly by. I'm gonna miss waiting for Wednesday to come each week and reading everyone's hilarious answers. Hopefully we get to do this again with Cascade and Torrent! I want to thank Lisa Bergren for writing such an amazing series. I just can't get these books outta my head!

After Gabi is injured, the doctor gives her a tonic. Gabi questions the doctor several times what is in it but he refuses to tell. Would have you taken the tonic in Gabi situation?

I probably would have questioned what was in the tonic too. The doctor's refusal to say what was in it would have definitely raised my suspicions, but who knows, maybe the pain from the wound would have made me desperate enough to just gulp that nasty stuff down.

Before the games Gabi asks Lia to let Lord Forabosch win in the archery event as people especially Lord Forabosch are becoming suspicious of them. But during the games Lord Forabosch upsets Lia trying to throw her off her game. So Lia decides to win. Do you think she did the right thing by not letting Lord Forabosch bully her or do you think she took an unnecessary risk? 

I'm not much of a competitive person, but the way Lord Farabosch was taunting Lia would have made me want to show him up even more, too. Yes that whole incident probably added to the danger she and Gabi were already in, but I was glad she took that risk and beat him.

When Gabi is dying and she and Lia decide to return to the tombs so they can get the cure at home but they have to tell Marcello the truth. Even though Marcello thinks that it is madness that they are from the future he believes in Gabi because he loves her. Do you think this is believable? What would you have done if you were Marcello?

Yeah I think it was believable. Marcello knew the girls were different, and given all the unusual things he's already seen from them, it probably made it easier to consider their story as a possibility. Then again, his love and desperation alone were probably enough for him to set all doubts aside and take her to the tomb.

In the end Gabi and Lia return home. Do you think Gabi will return to Marcello? Would you go back?

Oh yeah, she'll be back. Heck yes! If I had a handsome knight who loved me that much waiting on the other side of those hand prints, I'm pretty sure I'd go back. The wimp in me would be screaming STAY and reminding me of all the luxuries of the 21st century, but to have a love as true as theirs, it'd definitely be worth trading a flushing toilet for a chamber pot.

Looking back at Waterfall what was your favourite moment?

There are sooo many to choose from! I loved all the moments between Gabi and Marcello. The kiss, oh that sweet first kiss! *sigh* So romantic! I just love this book so freakin' much! I've read it 3 times already =D

Those are my answers for the last Waterfall Wednesdays! If you wanna join in the discussion this final week, head over to Irresistible Reads and link up your answers!

7 comments:

  1. Isn't it sad that it is all over? I loved reading everyone's answers also. And yes, this series is now one of my favorites of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our answers for number 1 and 2 are very similar. I think if the pain was enough I'd down the tonic without another thought, but if I could handle the pain there would be no way I'd take it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to reread, but want to read the rest of the series 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love first kisses...I wish all kisses could be like the first too...;)

    Thanks for reading along with us, I loved reading your answers and getting to find your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime I see your blog I think I am looking at my own! lol Same template! Great answers! #1 is definitely all about the pain level...

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the whole book too! And that first kiss was amazing! Aren't they always!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've read it three times? That's a whole lot of Waterfall love! Thanks so much--and thanks for taking part in WW!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim