Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waterfall Wednesdays - Week 2

Waterfall Wednesdays - A Read-Along Event
Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren 
Discussion 2 - Chapters 7-11
Today's questions hosted by The Unread Reader

Discussion Questions

1. Gabi's search for her sister is made increasingly difficult by the fight for territory between Castello Forelli and Castello Paratore. At this point, do you think the rivalry is warranted? Why or why not? 

I can only imagine how scary things were in those times. All that bloodshed for territory might seem pointless to some of us, but I guess it was something important and worth it back then.

2. Gabi aids Fortino by having his sickroom cleaned out and using steam to loosen the phlegm inside his lungs so he could breathe better. Have you ever found yourself in a situation that required you to rely on home remedies to aid yourself or another? What are some of your favorite home remedies? 

Gabi is a smart girl. Using steam to loosen up all the yucky stuff in your lungs works wonderfully. I've done it plenty of times when I've gotten sick and adding vick's vaporub helps a lot too.

This summer we finally got to use aloe vera on my sister after she stayed out in the sun a bit too long. I was surprised that it worked so well!

3. Marcello and his men don't hide their surprise when they learn that Gabi is skilled with a sword. What did you think of this development? Has your initial impression of Gabi changed? Do you have any secret skills? 

Um, yeah! It made Gabi even more of an awesome chick! At that point, she became a character that I just couldn't get enough of.

I actually do have a secret skill! I've noticed that the moment I walk through a spider web, my inner ninja comes out. Ha! Those webs have no chance against me ;)

4. "Our lips were so close, I could feel the heat of his breath on my skin." Gabi and Marcello's feelings for one another are beginning to stir. What do you think of Marcello as a romantic interest thus far? What do you think of his intended? 

I think from the moment they saw each other, feelings stirred up between Marcello and Gabi. At this point, I'm rooting for them to end up together. As for Lady Rossi, I don't like her at all. There's something about her that seems two-faced. She just isn't the one for Marcello.

5. Marcello and Luca take turns teaching Gabi the dances of Toscana. Would you have liked to attend a ball like the one Gabi was practicing for? Do you like to dance? Do you know any cool dance moves? Extra (not really) points if you YouTube yourself dancing and share the video. Come on, it will be fun! :) 

It'd be so cool to go to a ball like that and be able to wear one of those beautiful dresses.

I don't really like to dance because I'm just plain bad at it. You know what I've always wanted to see?? A flash mob in action =D that would be so awesome!! If I ever find myself in the middle of one I would try and join along like if I was with them lol!

Since I can't dance I'd probably look more or less like the guy in this video hahaa!

10 comments:

  1. *reads about your secret skill* ROTFLOL!!! HAHAHA! Yeah, I'm with you there! Talk about some serious ninja moves. :-P I can't stand those icky spider webs. And what's worse is when there is a big, ugly spider still at home. *shudder*

    Ohh! A Flash Mob would be SO cool to witness!! Those things are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ninjas Rock!!!!

    And ps- Im rooting for Gabi and Marcello to be together too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted some ninja moves. They can come in handy in many situations.

    I've never seen a Flash Mob but it would be awesome! Now if I see one I'll have to join in because you sound so excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhhh, Crystal. You're answers are too funny this week. I've always wanted to see a live Flash Mob, too. I wonder where I could do that? I'd probably have to head to a big city for something like that. The commercial is soooo funny. It always makes me laugh.

    And I wish I had secret ninja skills. When I walk through a web, I have a panic attack that last for days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mad Ninja spider web killing skills! Excellent! But I hope you don't get to practice too often! And I too want Marcello and Gabi to be together. Not a fan of that Lady Rossi woman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie - Hahaa! Spiders and their webs can be pretty annoying.. especially when they redo the web in the same exact place you just walked through, LOL!

    Tina - Yes they do! =D

    Lisa - Lol! I know, that'd be so cool! :)

    Missie - Hahaa! Thanks! I love that commercial..

    I think all of us have an inner ninja.. you just might discover your moves the next time you walk through a web ;)

    Julie - Yeah I don't like using them too much, but they do come in handy =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, for real at the spider webs!!! HAHA!

    love that video!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gabi just posted last week on her Facebook account that she's love to host a flash mob back in medieval Italy...lack of social media is holding her back. (And I LOVE that commercial! I always feel a special kinship with the dude who launches early!)

    Thanks for taking part in this week's WW. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! The Baker's Wife was one of my first choices!
    You forgot to include you email, but I know where to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crystal, I just now was able to watch the video in this post (wasn't able to before) and, LOL, that was FUNNY!!! :-P Yeah, talk about embarrassing!!

    Also, I just want to let you know that you won the lovely blog award over on LoaW. Follow the link to find out how to claim it!
    http://katie-mccurdy.blogspot.com/2011/09/another-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim