Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WWW Wednesdays

Hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading

What I'm currently reading
It's Christmas in Houston, and homicide detective Roland March is on the hunt for a killer. A young woman's brutal stabbing in an affluent neighborhood bears all the hallmarks of a serial murder. The only problem is that March sent the murderer to prison ten years ago. Is it a copycat -- or did March convict the wrong man?

Alienated from his colleagues and with a growing rift in his marriage, March receives messages from the killer. The bodies pile up, the pressure builds, and the violence reaches too close to home. Up against an unfathomable evil, March struggles against the clock to understand the hidden message in the pattern of wounds.

What I recently finished reading
Protected by the dark of night, Jaimie Piper runs. But is anywhere safe when Evil is hunting you?She’s just a twelve year-old girl, bumped around between foster homes and relegated to school classes for challenged kids, those lagging in their test scores or with behavioral issues. But her real problem is that she can sense something the other kids can’t—something dark. Something compelling her to run for her life.

All Crockett Grey wants is to mark the anniversary of his daughter’s death alone. But when his student Jaimie comes to him, terrified, her need for protection collides with his grief, and a tangled web of bizarre events sends them both spiraling toward destruction. Crockett’s one hope of getting his life back is to uncover the mysterious secrets of Jaimie’s past and her strange gift. It isn’t long before his discoveries lead him to a darker conspiracy, secrets guarded by the highest seat of power in the world—the Vatican.

What I think I'll read next
When Gabi and Lia finally learn to surf the river of time, they realize they must make hard choices about life and love in the third and final book in the River of Time series.

Gabi and Lia Betarrini have learned to control their time travel, and they return from medieval Italy to save their father from his tragic death in modern times. But love calls across the centuries, and the girls are determined to return forever—even though they know the Black Plague is advancing across Europe, claiming the lives of one-third of the population. In the suspenseful conclusion of the River of Time series, every decision is about life … and death.

8 comments:

  1. I'm planning on reading 'Torrent' next too! I can hardly wait!

    Here's my W...W...W...Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got Pattern of Wounds. How is that one so far??

    Ohh, Torrent was A-MAZ-ING!!! Totally. AWESOME ending to this series! (Though it's SO sad to see it come to an end!) Happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, canary list looks really good :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-wednesdays_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie - I know me either! I don't want the series to end yet :(

    Katie - It's pretty good so far. I just realized that I have the first book in the series, 'Back on Murder' in my kindle and I'm kind of thinking of going back and reading that one first =/ I don't like having to stop though!

    I'm so excited to start reading Torrent! I just so happened to win my copy on Twitter and Lisa autographed it so I'm a little afraid to touch it because I don't want to ruin it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 'Back on Murder' on my Kindle, too. Is it better to read that one first, before 'Pattern of Wounds'? Is it the kind of series that depends on the previous book in the series?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie - I read some of the reviews for 'Pattern of Wounds' and a few people say that the author "ties up some loose ends" from the previous book, so it'd probably be best to read them in order. I think I'll do that just so there's no confusion that could possibly affect my review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh okay. Well, I'll plan on reading them in order, then. If it's a book that kinda depends on the previous book to fully grasp everything, I always love to read 'em in order. :-) Thanks for the heads up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie - Yeah that's what I like to do also =D you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim