Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Goodbye, Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson

My Rating: 5 stars

About the book - 
Charley's off to Scotland with her new beau, and Scotty and her dad travel to Maine in search of Scotty's mom. That's not all they're looking for though.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions about faith. Scotty's faced with her bitterness toward Karissa and what it means to live a "Jesusy extraordinary" life. Shouldn't forgiveness play a role in that?

And when Scotty and her dad land on her mother's last known trail, will their questions finally be answered?'

My Review - 
Goodbye Hollywood Nobody is the fourth and final book in the Hollywood series by Lisa Samson. I haven't had the chance to read books 1-3, but they are definitely on my to-read list now! Scotty was one of those unique characters that really do grow on you almost immediately. Her personality was fun, quirky, and refreshing. She does a lot of growing up throughout the story and it wasn't something rushed, the way I've seen in other books. You know, when the character becomes a whole new person within the last few pages? Yeah well this wasn't like that at all and the bittersweet ending made it feel a lot more realistic.

This series is aimed towards older teens/young adults. Even though I've only read one of the four books, I can tell that this is going to be one of my favorite series that I will definitely hold on to. The rest of the characters like, Karissa, Monica, Silas, and Belle really did add so much to the story and were a big part of Scotty maturing in her faith and attitude. Now that I got a chance to read how Scotty's story ended, I can't wait to see how it began!

To buy a copy of this book go HERE.

(This book was provided for review by Navpress.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim