Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Uncertain Heart by Andrea Boeshaar

My Rating: 3 Stars

About the book - 
Unwilling Warrior began the saga of the McCabe Family series that continues with book two, Uncertain Heart. A farmer is the last man Sarah wants to marry! After all, if Sarah McCabe had wanted to marry a farmer, she would have stayed home in Missouri. Ensconced as a governess for Captain Sinclair of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Sarah knows firsthand the life she has always desired, a life of luxury, culture, and social privilege. But then she meets Richard Navis, the captain's steward, and those highfalutin dreams seem to vanish in salt air. Sarah loves his teasing tenderness and she admires his commitment to the Lord. Why should Richard want to leave behind his career to buy, of all things, a farm? Sarah McCabe knows exactly what she wants... but what does God want for her?

My review -
Uncertain heart is book two of the Seasons of Redemption series. Its ok if you haven't read book one because this does just fine as a stand alone. This historical romance is a very clean, light read. The pace of this book was a bit slow for me and I was a little irritated for a while. It wasn't until I reached chapter 20 that I actually got drawn into the story. I have to admit that I was hooked towards the end. My frustration with Sarah's uncertainty about who she had feelings for is what kept me reading because I wanted to know who she chose. I felt that the ending was sudden and a bit unrealistic. It just seemed too perfect the way things turned out and it wasn't very believable. There were a few twists that did surprise me, but in the end, I didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped. It turned out to be just an ok read.

To buy a copy of this book go HERE.

(This book was provided for review by Glass Road PR.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim