Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Start! The Bible For New Believers

My Rating: 4 stars

About the book - 
Start! The Bible for New Believers, NKJV was developed to help those beginning a brand new life of faith to place their trust in Jesus Christ while refreshing the foundations of the faith for longtime believers. START! is designed to take the hand of a new believer, or perhaps a believer who does not know their way around the Bible as they ought to, and lead them through. All of the notes are written to be understandable, conversational, and friendly while never assume that the reader knows what all the words mean. Start! The Bible for New Believers focuses on basic discipleship with articles and devotions on subjects including prayer, Bible study, church involvement, sharing your faith, and discovering God's will. Core biblical themes are introduced at basic levels of theological sophistication and presented in very simple language. Features include: · Grow entries, revealing key disciplines of the Christian life. · Know articles, exposing the core beliefs of Christians. · Live messages, focusing on various aspects of salvation. · Learn notes, providing mini-commentaries on key passages for spiritual growth. · Topical Index to articles and Scriptures · Secrets to Spiritual Success from the General Editor Greg Laurie – a crusading pastor and author who has impacted over four million people with the Gospel message, and seen well over 340,000 people come forward to make professions of faith in Christ.

My review - 
Simple. That's what I like about this Bible. It's so simple, while still being a helpful resource for new believers. I personally prefer the NKJV and that's mainly the reason why I chose to review this Bible. The added notes, articles, and devotions turned out to be very useful, and really do help you understand what you're reading as you go along. One thing I didn't like is that it was paperback. I didn't have a choice in what format mine came in  and I saw right away that it wasn't going to last me very long. When I got it in the mail it was folded in half and I was so disappointed and frustrated, but after a few hours of it being under a pile of heavy books it straightened out a bit. The good thing is that it comes in paperback, hardcover, and imitation leather so you can choose which format suits you best. The pages are also very thin and I go crazy highlighting key verses that I want to remember, so I just got a highlighter PENCIL especially for this. It works great and doesn't bleed through. Overall, I really do like this Bible and think it's a great tool for new believers.

To buy a copy of this Bible go HERE.

(This Bible was provided for review by Thomas Nelson Publishers through their Booksneeze program.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim