Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews

My Rating: 2 stars

About the book - 
David Ponder is back. This time the fate of mankind is in his hands.

This is mankind’s last chance. Centuries of greed, pride, and hate have sent humanity hurtling toward disaster, and far from its original purpose. There is only one solution that can reset the compass and right the ship, and it consists of only two words.

With time running out, it is up to David Ponder and a cast of history’s best and brightest minds to uncover this solution before it is too late. The catch? They are allowed only five tries to discover the answer.

Readers first encountered David Ponder in The Traveler's Gift. Now, in The Final Summit, Andrews combines a riveting narrative with astounding history in order to show us the one thing we must do when we don’t know what to do.

My review - 
 The Final Summit turned out to be disappointing. I can't lie and say there was nothing in the whole book that had my interest. The only parts I really liked were when a famous person in history was introduced, it was interesting reading about their lives and the impact they made in the world. As I read about David Ponder and his fellow "Travelers" trying to figure out the two-word answer to the question, "What does humanity need to do, individually and collectively, to restore itself to the pathway toward successful civilization?" I immediately thought I knew what the answer would be. I was thinking something like Trust Jesus, Obey God, or Seek Christ. I was wrong and upset with what the answer turned out to be. I wish this book pointed towards Jesus as the only solution to our problems, because He really is. That is were I feel Andrews messed up. He's basically telling people that in our own ability, we can change the direction this world is going in. Because of that and the fact that there really is no Biblical foundation, I won't be recommending this book.

(This book was provided for review by Thomas Nelson Publishers through their Booksneeze program.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim