Friday, September 24, 2010

Cliff Falls

Cliff Falls. C.B. Shiepe. Cliff Falls Media, Inc. June 2010. 
Paperback. 256 pages.

Cliff Falls is a gripping novel about former Tv child star, Clay Grant. On the night of his eighteenth birthday, a fire broke out and burned down his Hollywood studio set. Ever since that night, he's been on the run from the media, the public, and his past. When he is discovered by a photographer who has been chasing him since he disappeared, they get into a fight and clay ends up in jail where he is charged with tax evasion. Minister and popular inspirational speaker who knew clay from when he was still a child star, Reagan Mitchell, bails him out and offers to help pay his debt off. He also gives him the opportunity to have a new start in beautiful Cliff Falls. Clay didn't know it then, but his life and the lives of the people around him were about to be changed forever.

This is the kind of book I like to read. It grabbed me from the very beginning and I couldn't put it down until I was done. As I followed Clay's journey of discovering who he really was, I found it to be thought provoking and challenging at times. The pressure that was put on him since he was a child is not something everyone experiences in their childhood. We get a little look at how child stars are pressured to do more than their best and still not get the feeling that they're good enough. I can't even imagine how it must feel to not get the chance to decide who you want to be in life, or to have a sense of who you are and how precious you are in the eyes of God. I really enjoyed reading Cliff Falls and highly recommend it. Oh and just a warning, there is cussing, but only about 3 or 4 times in the whole book. I didn't really mind it though. C.B. Shiepe is a very talented author and I'll definitely be looking out for more of his work.

My Rating: 4/5 stars

You can get your copy at Clifffalls.com

(This book was provided for review by The Ooze Viral Bloggers.)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice review! I really enjoyed it! - C. B.


    (fyi. I now have banner ads on my website at www.CliffFalls.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by!

    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim