Thursday, March 18, 2010

What If...

What If...Vernesia Womack. Dorrance Publishing. July 2004. Paperback. 40 pages.

"What if a bird could say it's A, B, C's? And a snake could count 1, 2, and 3?"

I received a complimentary copy of
What If... from Dorrance Publishing in return for a review. I've taken a while to post this review because I really wasn't sure of what to say about this book. I guess the only thing I could say is that without reading the book description I wouldn't have understood the whole moral of the story. 

"Vernesia Womack, through her book What If..., reinforces the adage that everything should act as God created it to do so, and, by extension, we, as human beings, should treat each other as such regardless of our differences. Read Vernesia Womack's What If... with your child to teach that everything in life has its purpose." 

I really do like that the author wrote this book to teach kids that they were meant to be just the way they are, and that, as the book description says,
we, as human beings, should treat each other as such regardless of our differences. It would have been nice if she would have incorporated that message into the book. Something else I would have changed is the black and white pictures. In my opinion, it would have been better if there was color, especially since the book is for kids. It keeps their attention a little more. This book is cute and it has a good message, but when reading it to kids, make sure you explain what it's trying to tell them.

My Rating: 3/5 stars

If you would like to buy this book from the publisher click HERE



(This book was provided for review by Dorrance Publishing Co.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    Thanks a lot for your review! I was searching the internet and came across this blog. I'm very overwhelmed at the 3 star rating with this being the very first book that I've written!! Dorrance fees for illustrating the book was out of this world for black and white pictures, so one can be sure that color photos would have been even more expensive!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim