Thursday, February 25, 2010

Buried Alive

Buried Alive. Roy Hallums. Thomas Nelson. January 2010. Hardcover. 256 pages.

I received a complimentary copy of this book through Thomas Nelson's Booksneeze blogger program. Buried alive is a true story written by Roy Hallums. This is his account of what he endured during his kidnapping, captivity, and dramatic rescue. Roy, a 56 year old retired Navy commander, was working as a food supply contractor in Baghdad's Mansour district. In November of 2004 he was abducted by an Iraqi gang that was seeking ransom. During his 10 month captivity, he was tortured, humiliated, hog-tied, blindfolded, beaten, barely fed, and practically buried alive. Roy has an incredible way of telling his story with such clarity and even a bit of humor. This book also gives detail of what his family went through during those months of not knowing whether or not he was ok.

This is such an amazing story! It was a quick read for me. I was hooked on page one and I couldn't put it down. I was a bit worried that it would be a little too graphic in detail, but it has just enough to understand exactly what he was enduring without it being too much to handle. I felt like I was right there with him during the entire book. This really is an edge of your seat story.

My Rating: 4/5 stars

To buy this from the publishers click HERE
To read more reviews click HERE

(This book was provided for review by Thomas Nelson Publishers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated and won't show up until I approve them. Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation! :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Loving You and Lavender Sweeties kits by Vera Lim